Driver/Administrative Assistant at Sightsavers Nigeria – Abuja
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver/Administrative Assistant
Job Type: 15 months fixed term contract
- To drive staff in the office as well as visiting Sightsavers staff and consultants when necessary as part of The Trust project in Nigeria and to ensure the maintenance and safety of assigned office vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office as directed.
- Drive safely within the laws of the country at all times and with respect for other road users pedestrians
- Act as driver for Sightsavers staff and partner to carry out all official duties
- Pick Srghtsavers staff and partners to & from airport where this service is riot outsourced
- Drive Sightsavers vehicle as appropriate for official errands
Maintenance of Vehicles (15%):
- Check fuel, oil and water daily and fill up as necessary
- Keep vehicles in a clean condition inside and outside
- Check tyres, tog books, tools, etc. and test drive each vehicle once a week.
- Undertake routine maintenance of vehicles, including simple repairs.
- Ensures vehicles are regularly serviced and advise the Administrative Officer when servicing is required and/or when defects/ problems arise
- Lock up vehicles with security locks and/or sienna
- Keep a maintenance record of vehicles e.g. replacement of major parts, tyres, batteries, body spraying, etc
- Transact business with the banks on foreign currencies for staff related travels.
- Maintain liaison with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visa’s arid renewal of passports and work permits.
- Assist in picking up invoices for procuring logistics.
- Payment of statutory obligations.
Administrative support (10%):
- Assist with the organisation of various office events (seminar, planarians, meetings, workshops, Away Days etc)
- Undertake photocopying, scanning anti filing as and when required.
- Monitor electricity/generator usage.
- Perform other admin duties as required.
Jobholder entry Requirements
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Basic Education Certificate (BCE) SEPCs
- Trade Test Certificate
- 3-5 years driving experience a Experience with working with NGOs
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Attention to detail
- Good commend of spoken English/ French (As appropriate)
- The salary for this role will be based on local terms and conditions
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download an Application Pack below(Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities form as two separate documents to: email@example.com
- That due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgements for submitted applications.
- We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview.
- If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion