Driver at FHI 360 – Kaduna
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID: 2017200023
- Under the direction of the Finance and Admin Assistant, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convey FHI 360 Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1-year experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online