Drama and Music Teacher at Noble Hall Leadership Academy
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
Drama and Music Teacher
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Education / Teaching
Basic Job Description
- Teach courses in drama, music
Job Duties and Tasks
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, performances, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Explain and demonstrate artistic techniques.
- Prepare students for performances, exams, or assessments.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as acting techniques, fundamentals of music, and history.
- Organize performance groups, and direct their rehearsals.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and/or electronic media.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and performance pieces.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Keep students informed of community events such as plays and concerts.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Display students’ work in schools, galleries, and exhibitions.
- Perform administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Provide professional consulting services to government and/or industry.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com