Director, Works and Physical Planning at Kwara State University
The Governing Council of the Kwara State University, Malete, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director, Works and Physical Planning
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The Director of Works and Physical Planning is the Chief Technical Officer of the University responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day maintenance of University Buildings, Roads, Water Bore holes, electrical installations, equipment and other properties, including provision of services and utilities for the well being of the University.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- The candidate should possess a good University Degree In Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building, Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning or other related disciplines. A Master’s Degree in related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Must possess minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience.
- Be a fully registered member of relevant professional bodies such as Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Council for the Registration of Engineers in Nigerian COREN (for Engineers), Architecture Registration Council of Nigeria ARCON and Nigerian Institute of Architecture (NIA) (for Architects), Quantity Surveyor Registration Board of Nigeria, QSRBN (for Quantity Surveyors), NIOB (for Building Engineers).
- Demonstrate competence through experience, strategy, etc, to maintain a high level of discipline, prompt and adequate response system, prudence and strong accountability in the Department of Works and Physical Planning.
- Propose and discuss plans for a pro-active maintenance culture for the University during the interview.
- Be proficient in ICT with demonstrable competence in Computer Aided Design and Control,
- The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable to the Director, Works and Physical Planning in a University.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies each of their applications and current Curriculum Vitae which should be in the format below:
- Full names (Surname Last in Block Letters)
- Post Applied for
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their ages
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin (if Nigerian)
- Local Government Area
- Contact address
- Permanent Home address
- GSM Numbers and e-mail address
- Institution(s) attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Working Experience with dates
- Present Employment status, salary and employer
- Extra Curricula activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to the Registrar, indicating the post applied for.
All applications should be addressed to:
Kwara State University, Malete,