Director, Technical Services at TVC Communications
TVC Communications is one of Nigeria’s leading broadcast companies operating market leading channels including TVC, TVC News Channel, Max 102.3 Lagos, Adaba FM Ondo and TVC Digital. We are now expanding our business through an aggressive programme of investment to help build audience share and drive cross-platform advertising revenue.
We now seek applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Technical Services
- Management of operations and maintenance of technology related areas of a TV and FM Radio Station which includes Broadcast Engineering & Operations, IT, RF, Electrical, Air-conditioning, Satellite Up-link, Terrestrial Transmission and Power Generating sets.
- Ensure smooth running of the station as it pertains to all the elements of technology.
- Assign tasks to the section heads for the routine and preventive maintenance of the Technical infrastructure.
- Coordination with other departments of the organization for the smooth running of the station.
- Coordination with the purchase department for day to day and buffer stock of technical requirements vital for the smooth running of the station.
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications
- Correspondence with external agencies and equipment manufacturers for the procurement, repair, maintenance and upgrade off all technical infrastructure and services.
- Plan and implement technology solutions for special requirements that arise from time to time
- Ensure proper technical quality of transmission
- Coordination and management of staff working in the department.
- Performance appraisal, recruitment and training of technical staff.
- Liaise with broadcast regulators on Engineering aspects
- Pro-activeness during critical failures and thorough knowledge of redundancy measures
- Degree in Engineering related fields
- Qualifications in business management.- Desirable
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a senior managerial capacity
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading a large team
- General ICT Operations
- Broadcast Engineering; Radio & TV
- Management of RF Operations
- Management of TV Operations
- Broadcast and IT Infrastructure
- Management of electrical unit
- General management of all technical infrastructure such as; ACs, generators, DSNG Vans, MCR/PCR equipment, UPS, camera equipment
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Process Driven
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills through report interpretation and other report presentation
- Ability to design and decode technical drawings
- Ability to effectively communicate with international and local vendors
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ability to drive results
- Ability to demonstrate solid ethical principles
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- All elements of technical infrastructure of a Television and Radio Broadcast station which includes knowledge of production equipment, IT infrastructure, up-linking and transmission equipment and engineering services
- Operation and workflow of a television and radio broadcast station
- Knowledge of Broadcast regulations
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online