Director of Programme Operations Job at Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programme Operations (DPON)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract length: 02 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Program Operations shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office.
- The Director of Program Operations is responsible for the effective delivery of programming in country, the Emergency Preparedness and Response plan the line management of all State and sub offices and of logistics for the Country Office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Recommended a minimum of 6 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience in both a development and crisis response setting.
- Robust experience of NGO program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory
- Proven experience of working with key international donors and raising funds including USAID/, DfID, ECHO/EU.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control
- Solid project and personnel management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply