Director of Human Resources at Four Points by Sheraton – Marriott International
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Job Number: 180003C5
- The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General Manager, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of the property executive committee.
- As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property.
- He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner.
- He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
- Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Core Work Activities
Managing the Human Resources Strategy:
- Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
- Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
- Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
- Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process:
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy:
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
- Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
- Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities:
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
- Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
- Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
- Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major;
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the human resources, management operations preferably in a similar industry.
- Possession of relevant professional qualification(s)
- Experience in a unionized firm will be a massive advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online