Director of Audit at Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
Osun State University (UNIOSUN) was established by the Law of the Osun State House of Assembly in December, 2006. The University commenced academic activities on 22d September, 2007 simultaneously on permanent sites on its six campuses located in the six geo-po1tical zones of Osun State. The campuses are located in Osogbo, (Main Campus), Ejigbo, Ifetedo, Ikire, Ipetu..Ijesa and Okuku.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Audit
- The Director of Audit shall be directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the day to day performance of his duties.
- He shall advise the Management on adequacy of internal control and write periodic report to the Vice-Chancellor.
- He/She shall provide the required leadership in the Directorate.
- The Candidate should as well state categorically and in not more than 500 words the vision statement for the University for the next five (5) years.
- Candidates must possess First Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Banking and Finance or any other relevant University First degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience or
- Possession of First and Master’s Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Bank and Finance or other relevant University First degree plus twelve (12) years cognate experience
- in addition candidates must be professionally qualified by being a Chartered Member of any of the appropriate professional bodies, with 10 years post qualification experience, such as:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (lCAN)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Association of Certified Accountants (ACA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Certified and Management Accountants (ACMA)
Required Personal Attributes:
- The Director must be a person of high Integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
- He/She must be capable of instilling confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- He/She must enjoy good physical and mental health;
- In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty-five (35) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae which should contain among others:
- Full Names (Surname First in Capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Next-of-Kin
- Number of Children and their ages
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin (if a Nigerian)
- Contact Details (including Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Work Experience with Dates including full details of former and present posts
- Present Employment Status and Salary
- List of Publications (If any)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information that would facilitate a positive review of your application
- Name and Address of three (3) relevant referees.
All applications should be submitted in an envelope to “the Acting Registrar” with the position applying for indicated at the top left hand corner of their envelopes at:
The Acting Registrar,
Osun State University,
P.M. B. 4494,
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate and confidential cover directly to the above address.
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject matter should read “Application for the Post of Director of Audit”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- It Is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their references are submitted before the closing date.