DevTech Systems, Inc Recruitment For A Field-Based Monitor
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field-Based Monitor
USAID/Nigeria contracted Devtech Systems, Inc. on a four-year activity called the Learning Program, which is designed to provide USAID and its implementing partners with continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
The Learning Program seeks the participation of Nigerian-national Field-based Monitors. The purpose of the project is to verify, monitor and support USAID/Nigeria funded activities. Nigerian Field-based Monitors (NFMs) will form a critical set of monitoring and verification staff who will provide real-time information through independent monitoring of the implementation of, and progress in achieving, results and compliance with donor policies, regulations and guidelines.
NFMs will observe project implementation and meet with implementing partners, beneficiaries, and others to perform their duties, as below:
- Develop weekly schedules for site visits; liaising with USAID technical teams
- Provide evidence of program impact via an NFM information management system that will collect and report accurate information about project and activity performance, and compliance with donor regulations and contract conditions
- Undertake periodical field checks in the activity implementation areas to check if there are any unforeseen adverse environmental impacts that could be occurring, and
- Produce high-quality independent project performance and compliance monitoring to USAID/Nigeria and the Learning program.
- Conduct routine, on-the-ground project monitoring and data-based verification of implementation and its effects, providing situation reports on the operating environment within which activities work, and conditions that could impact the implementation and effectiveness of Mission projects.
- Ensure up-to-date understanding of guidance, policies, procedures, and good practices with a goal of quality and timely written reports
- Demonstrate complete understanding of the technical area to which you are assigned (democracy and governance; education; HIV/TB; health, population and nutrition; or economic growth and environment)
- Demonstrate understanding of USAID policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years’ demonstrated experience in handling complex reporting, contact, monitoring, and analytical duties, and coordination of functions with other field monitors
- Prior experience writing activity-status reports.
- Strong English writing skills is essential.
- Evidence of understanding measures and indicators of portfolio impact; prior experience with collecting data against donor-approved indicators may be required, but not a must.
- Prior work analyzing and furnishing data for program and monitoring plans designed to ensure effective oversight and management of assigned project activities
- Experience producing progress reports to describe results achieved, and provide recommendations regarding corrective action on under-performing areas, under project activities
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and prospective clients.
- This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply