Development Exchange Centre Career Openings [2 Positions]
Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a Non-Government, Nonreligious and a Membership Organization that provides social and microfinance services to women groups, communities and NGO’s in Nigeria to enhance their Capacity for sustainable development.
DEC Is working with International Partners CBO’s and government agencies In the area of Microfinance, Health, Nutrition, Education, Governance and Peace building and Economic Empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- To support the PROSELL project in ensuring it maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control and to ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and that non-compliance is challenged and corrected
- To process the daily, monthly financial information for the Partner CSO Office and to assist with the management and administration of finance/administration duties in the EU-funded programme.
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct in accordance with Donor’s financial procedures.
- Maintain a reliable and effective finance record filing system.
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts and follow up with any discrepancies.
- Support the team by ensuring payments in the field are anticipated, made in a timely manner and with safety in mind.
- Ensure all compliance checklist regarding all transactions.
- Ensure that all incomes and receipts are properly documented, e.g. by an invoice or receipt.
- Follow up to ensure that income projections agreed by donors are properly followed through.
- Ensure that advances to Field Officers are duly retired with proper documentation on a monthly basis.
- Proactively monitor balance on bank account
- Manage PROSELL Field Office bank and cash accounts :
- Act as point of contact for day-to-day matters with financial service providers.
- Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner with one week of occurring
Requirements, Skills, and Competence
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, is required; Master’s desired.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, grants management – ideally with at least 2 years in a local or international NGO.
- Ability to understand and implement the government tax laws.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a large multi-cultural organisation.
Job Title: Local Government Area Supervisor
Position Reports to: Partner Livelihood Programme Officer (LPO)
Position will manage: Partner Field Officers at the LGA level.
- This position will be responsible for supervision of all implemented project activities in the target communities in the LGA.
- The Supervisor would manage community and LGA advocacy activities, interface with Field Officers at the LGA levels, and ensure quality implementation of all PROSELL activities in the LGA.
- Link PROSELL beneficiaries to government programmes at the LGA level.
- Implement an effective communication system among all stakeholders at the LGA level.
- Provide training and coaching supports to LGA Team members, communities and relevant LGA personnel.
- Participate in any other project related activities according to project needs
- Lead in the mobilisation, sensitization, and orientation with communities’ local leadership, and traditional institutions on all project activities.
- Develop work plan for LGA PROSELL Team and submit report of activities on monthly basis.
- Coordinate PROSELL LGA Team for efficient delivery of project activities.
- Provide technical supports to LGA Field Officers.
- Be responsible for optimal performance of LGA Teams in the areas of project implementation, accountability, responsiveness, and innovativeness.
- Develop innovative approach towards ensuring active partnership of Local Government Authority and project communities in all project activities and programmes.
Requirements, Skills and Competence
- Experience using digital tools for data collection and survey activities.
- Good training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and educational levels.
- Living in community and speaks the local language and Hausa
- Respected by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious
- Understands the community/LGA agricultural markets, geographic terrain and environment
- Ability to work in diverse cultural settings.
- HND or University Degree in relevant field with at least 1 year experience as a Field Officer on the EU/Oxfam PROSELL or other Food Security and Livelihoods related projects, preferably with donors such as EU, ECHO, OFDA, DFID and other INGOs
- At least 1 year cognate experience in development work at community level.
- Computer literacy and ability to work well on MS Office packages.
- Experience in community mobilization, advocacy, and conflict management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter on the position applied to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 19th October, 2018.
- Indigenes of the aforementioned LGAs are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants (Women and Men) applications will be treated with equal opportunity.
- Ability to ride motorcycle is an added advantage.