Desk Researcher- Policy, Education and Researcher at Neem Foundation
Neem Foundation is Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North- East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
Neem Foundation is currently offering ten paid volunteering opportunities within our Psychology Department (The Sanctuary) – focusing on data collection within several communities in Abuja. This 10-day volunteering role is an ideal opportunity for people wishing to gain valuable research experience in a leading national non-governmental organization.
Desk Researcher- Policy, Education and Researcher
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: PhD/Fellowship
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Research / Data Analysis
The Desk Researcher- Policy, Education and Research is responsible for conducting detailed research, writing, and correspondence for Neem Foundation. S/he will monitor and respond to developments under related assigned portfolios, and develops expertise in those areas. Reports to the Programme Manager- Policy, Education and Research. The position requires close coordination and work with other Researchers, Communications staff, and Management. S/he should possess strong research, analytical, and writing skills; is highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented; can work with a team and under significant time pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the sourcing, assimilation and presentation of key information through desk research on the different department projects;
- Provide support to the department and external consultants in all aspects of the role, specifically as it relates to project administration;
- Prepare reports, including statistical analysis of research information for projects;
- Deliver high quality work in conjunction with all departments where required and in line with agreed personal targets in order to adhere to donors/funders deadlines;
- Undertake training, where required, in the use of software systems, i.e. SPSS, NVIVO and contribute to the preparation of documents using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- To provide support to Knowledge Management consultant to broaden the reach of project (s) impact and improve its sustainability;
- Support activities to facilitate replication of interventions (Demonstrate ‘value for money’);
- Liaise with all departments to provide summary reports and stories that feed into the quarterly impact reports, newsletters etc.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Must have a PhD (Key Requirement);
- University degree in a field related to International Relations, Politics, International Development or a Social-Science related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies);
- Knowledge in new/emerging trends in International Development;
- Experience in handling research and education-related issues;
- Experience in documenting policies as it relates to NGO Projects.
- Integrity, Accountability and Commitment;
- Excellence, Diversity and Respect;
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically;
- Able to take initiative in mobilizing and facilitating activities;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills (Planning & Organizing);
- Strong inter-personal skills.
Qualified applicants should send their CV’s to email@example.com. Application closes on Tuesday, 18th of September, 2019 by 5pm.
Note: Please ensure that you meet all the educational requirements before sending in an application as candidates wihout the listed requirements will not be attended to. Thank you.
Deadline: 18 September, 2019