Designated Person – Ashore at a Leading Indigenous Shipping Company – Elduke Ventures
Elduke ventures – Our client, a leading indigenous shipping company located in Port Harcourt. As part of the restructuring of the company for enhanced performance, we have need of competent professionals to fill the under listed vacant position:
Job Title: Designated Person – Ashore
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Designated Person Ashore (DPA) oversees the day- to-day vessel operations, maintaining close working relationship with the relevant bodies, departments and persons in line with standard operations processes to ensure attainment of the business objectives.
- Supervises the safety chain of the vessel operations; a reliable connection between the management and the crew members by ensuring that adequate resources and shore-based support are applied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure company vessels, equipment and related assets are managed and operated in a safe, efficient and in a cost effective manner in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Develop and build relationships with key maritime service providers
- Liaise with regulatory bodies such as NIMASA and other authorized parties to ensure that statutory clearances are met on all areas of operation.
- Work closely with the administrative department to ensure timely delivery of supplies, and that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the ISM / ISPS codes, both on board the vessels
- Ensure Lost Time Injuries (LTI) is reduced to zero throughout the year in all business locations.
- Induct new office and on board personnel visiting the office with the requirements of the IMS related to operational issues.
- Brief and de-brief Masters and Chief Engineers before and after appointment
- Ensure that all audit requirements for office and vessels are met
- Carry out other related assignments by the Head of Operations.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Master Class 1 or Engineer Class 1 Certificate of Competency or equivalent highly desirable
- Proper Master COC- Class 1 or 2 License
- Must have at least 10 years shore based experience preferably handling offshore & DP2 vessels
- Must have worked as Master and/or DPA
- Must be a Nigerian nationality with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role in offshore/shipping industry.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the management of vessel and shipping operations
- Excellent knowledge of flag states and class requirements.
Application Closing Date
26th January 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com using the job position as email subject.