Deputy Operations Manager at Coffey Nigeria Limited
Coffey International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Deputy Operations Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
- Coffey is delivering the DFID-funded LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria programme, which will support the development of a vibrant and diversified economy in the three key northern Nigerian states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa.
- The programme will have a duration of 7 years. Ultimately, the programme will focus on increasing incomes and creating jobs for the poor in Northern Nigeria. LINKS will work across high potential pro-poor value chains, supporting them to become productive, competitive and attractive for investment, and then encouraging actual investment into them.
- Based in Kano, this full-time management position is accountable for the day to day operations of a midsized team providing support in the following areas: Fleet Management; IT and Communications; Property Management; Protocol Services; and Administrative Support Services.
- The work covers a geographic area that includes Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa States.
- This is a full-time role providing operations support on the LINKS programme, including:
- Working closely with the Operations Director to lead the day to day operations of the company across the Northern region in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa States
- Ensuring the full and proper implementation of Coffey systems of management, compliance and control with regard to Property, office and asset management; Fleet management; Protocol services; Procurement; and Information Technology and Communication Services.
- Supervise a team of employees across several service lines to ensure project needs are met in a timely and professional manner;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that work is carried out in a planned, acceptable and timely manner;
- Ensure policies and procedures are aligned across the State offices and that team works together to meet targets;
- Ensure that the LINKS team complies to policies and processes at all times;
- Work closely with the project team to ensure operational services are aligned to needs and problems are identified and rectified quickly;
- Assist the Project Accountant with the maintenance of the project asset register;
- Ensure that costs of expenditure are controlled;
- Lead operational reporting for the programme;
- Liaise with security team to ensure adequate provision of security to programme staff, particularly when undertaking field visits, and ensure that appropriate risk management procedures are in place;
- Set a culture by which the Operations Team works cohesively and efficiently, are responsive to the needs of the rest of the LINKS team, and take the approach of supporting solutions to development issues;
- Provide on-the job coaching to team members including orienting new staff on corporate management and administrative processes;
- Offer support in times of high pressure and engage in activities to maintain morale and a positive work environment;
- Any other duties as requested by the Leadership team.
Education and Experience
- M.Sc Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience supervising employees;
- At least 5 years of operational experience;
- Programme development experience, including work planning and activity budgeting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage teams from diverse cultural backgrounds in a complex cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills;
- Ability to use a personal computer, email, Excel and Word;
- Ability to effectively supervise staff across a cross section of functions and responsibilities;
- Ability to track purchases and manage assets;
- Ability to write and implement policies and procedures;
- Ability to undertake regular travel to Kaduna, Jigawa and Abuja;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Knowledge of principles of human resource management.
- The position is based in Kano with frequent travel to Jigawa and Kaduna, and occasional travel to Abuja. Some out of hours work will be required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note “Deputy Operations Manager, Kano” in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications; please include photocopies of educational and other related certificates;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
Note: Applications received after the said closing date and time will not be considered.