Deputy Finance Manager at Eat’n’Go Limited
Eat’n’Go brings great taste to Africa. A restaurant group dedicated to bringing the best F&B brands and concepts to Africa, Eat’n’Go feeds your needs.
It has entered the market as the exclusive master franchisee for two great international franchises: Domino’s Pizza, a $6 billion fast food giant and Cold Stone Creamery, a $1.5 billion rising star.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager
Purpose / Role
- Under the broad supervision and direction of the Head of Finance, assists in the administration and coordination of all activities in the Finance Department.
- The Deputy Finance Manager oversees all aspects of Finance team work and is responsible for the flow of financial information between the team and the Head of Finance.
Key Aims and Objectives
- To assist Finance Manager in managing daily activities of Finance team.
- To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
- To ensure the outcome of the Finance department represents best practice and is accurate and complete at all times.
- Assist to Head of Finance with managing daily activities of Finance team by monitoring of progress of the work, follow up on outstanding tasks and ensuring closed tasks are properly communicated and closed to the satisfaction of all
- Manage accounting and financial systems and ensure full and accurate accounting records
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed financial reports and statements
- Provide financial and accounting advice, guidance, directions and leadership to the team
- Ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures
- Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies
- Establish and maintain internal controls within Finance team to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures, with best practice and ISO standards; and suggest improvements where necessary
- Evaluate the performance of, and provide training and development opportunities for, Finance staff; provide feedback and assessment of the Finance staff,
- Provide leadership by delegating tasks, responding to staff inquiries and providing overall direction to section employees
- Assisting the Head of Finance on special projects where relevant
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Finance.
- Month end reporting – Financial Monthly pack – monthly
- BoD Report/Pack – quarterly
- Other reports that can be assigned in the due course
Experience / Education Required:
- 10 years’ experience in the field at minimum; preferably QSR (Quick service restaurant)
- Attainment of a professional accounting designation (ACCA,ICAN,…) from a recognized accounting program and have several years of related senior financial and administrative experience
- Proficiency in Excel; ERPs; Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage
- High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
- Detail-oriented with expert knowledge of (GAAP) accounting procedures and financial reporting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner
- Independent, mature, self-initiative and possesses positive attitude
- Make decisions and exercise sound judgment independently
- Promote excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Build teams
- Well-developed accounting skill and GAAP knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Continuous improvement of the policies, procedures and the team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online