Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS Essay Competition 2017
Applications are invited for:
Title: Essay Competition on Gender Equality
Essay Title: “Once upon a time there were a girl and a boy; together they decided to make the world a better place…”
- The overall 13 best essays in the competition will be selected by a team of jury comprising of school teachers, gender activists, Daily Trust staff and EU Delegation to Nigeria staff.
- The best 13 essays will be awarded prizes.
Prizes are as follows:
- There will be thirteen prizes for the overall best essays.
- 1st Prize = One Laptop computer + N30, 000 grant for books
- 2nd Prize = One laptop computer + N20, 000 grant for books
- 3rd Prize = One laptop computer + N10, 000 grant for books
- The best 10 runners-up will receive a grant of N30, 000 each for books.
- You should be between the ages of 13 – 16.
- You should be a citizen of Nigeria, residing in Nigeria.
- You should be in secondary school in any part of Nigeria.
- You should write an essay depicting equality between girls and boys, women and men.
- You can give your essay a caption of your choice, if you would like to.
- You should write your first and last names, your age, your class and your school’s name and address, on the top of your entry. You should attach a scanned copy of your birth certificate or signature of the school principal confirming your age.
Rules of the Essay
- The participants are invited to write an essay, depicting their vision of Gender Equality.
- The essay could be type-written or handwritten with not less than 500 words and not more than 1,000 words.
- The essay should not exceed 1000 words.
- The first name, the last name and the age of the child, should be written on the top of the essay sheet, together with her/his class, the school address. A scanned birth certificate should be attached or signature of school principal confirming age of student.
- The essay should have at the end the school’s stamp and the signature of the principal of the school as a confirmation that the writer is a bona fide student of the school in the class indicated.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their essay by email to: DELEGATION-NIGERIA-ESSAYCOMPETITION@eeas.europa.eu
By hand in a sealed envelope marked “Essay Competition on Gender Equality.” to:
Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS,
Common Embassy Complex,
European Union Crescent,
Off Constitution Avenue,
Central Business District,
By post to: