Deck Crew Services Operator at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deck Crew Services Operator
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation (4 weeks on/4 weeks off)
For Helicopter operations:
- Be the HLO / HDA for all helicopter operations on OFON helideck, position together with crane operator.
- Fulfill this position strictly in accordance with the applicable national and international rules for safe helicopter deck operations on an offshore location
- Check and prepare the helideck for helicopter operations well in advance of operations, including fire fighting and rescue means on the helideck.
- Prepare the helicopter manifest for departing passengers and cargo.
- Prepare the necessary documents for surfer personnel transportation
- Ensure that each team member (HLO/HDA/Heli FiFi team) is aware of the number of passengers disembarking and embarking.
- Prepare all cargo that have to be transported by helicopter, check the applicable rules for helicopter transport and receive/ dispatch cargo from PHC. Load/ unload cargo if and when required
For Handling and Lifting Operations:
- Be the Rigger / Banksman for all handling and lifting operations on the complex and remote platforms when required.
- Discuss with the crane operator in advance for each lifting operation
- Discuss the lifting sequence and location for each lift in advance with the crane operator, when off loading/ back loading cargo from supply vessels, to prevent extended boat handling times, ensure efficiency and proper work plan.
- Prepare slinging and rigging of each lift according to the rules of safe handling and lifting
For General Duty Officer functions for OML102 complex and remote platforms:
- Attend the surfer refueling operations when required
- Assist in bunkering operations for water and diesel fuel on the complex
- Dispatch received materials/ tanks/ containers to their designated storage area/ stores as indicated by Production and Maintenance Team
- Remove and collect waste from all platforms and prepare waste removal in liaison with HSE department.
- Load and prepare backload of materials on request of Maintenance /Production or Logistics Team.
- Receive, support and direct visitors arriving and departing OFQ by Boat
- Regular housekeeping of platform decks to ensure safe and clean decks. To follow a dedicated schedule for cleaning decks.
- Assist Maintenance /Production team if and when required for general duties in terms of material transport etc. when instructed by your hierarchy.
- OND in a Technical discipline with considerable years of experience in the oil industry
- Good knowledge of Production Operations
- Ability to communicate freely in English.
- Good aptitude, and take decisions quickly within his limit of authority.
- Mandatory training for HLO (Helicopter Landing Officer)
- Mandatory training /qualification for Offshore Rigger/ Banksman
- Mandatory training for Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Candidates with the existing qualifications/training certificate would be expected to be compliant with the new standard within 12 months.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online