Database and SAS Administrator At TriVersa Ltd
TriVersa Ltd specialises in providing Enterprise Intelligence solutions to our clients in Banking, Insurance, Defence, Government, Aviation and Telecommunication sectors.
We assist clients in making more informed decisions through innovative enterprise technologies and leveraging data.
Our purpose is to continually envision and deliver innovative Enterprise Intelligence solutions, towards assisting clients in delivering value to their customers, products and services.
This year, we have secured a number of high profile engagements that needs to be urgently progressed and delivered. We therefore plan to increase our Database and SAS Solutions expertise team.
If you possess the right depth and breadth of technical and business skills, we are keen to hear from you.
We have significant opportunities for talented, inspired, and collaborative Database and SAS Solutions professionals. Working closely with Solution Architecture, Management and Business Leads, you will drive the architecture, design, implementation and administration of our enterprise business solutions.
Database and SAS Administrator
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldICT / Computer
We are looking for a highly skilled and hands on DBA with extensive experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server technologies. The individual will also be expected to acquire significant experience in implementing, configuring and maintaining SAS platforms and solutions. The role will consist of a combination of incident, requests and proactive platform management activities.
- Provide excellent technical support for Oracle and SQL Database environment.
- Willingness to pick up skills on SAS 9 platform Architecture, Installation, Configuration and support duties
- Provide operational support for DB issues initiated from Incidents or Changes.
- Provide solutions and root-cause analysis of system performance and failure related issues.
- Work on an onsite shift-rota and provide off site 24×7 support.
- Work on projects and provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new databases and initiatives into the Production environment.
- Work closely with manager and team members.
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of the database infrastructure.
- Establish/maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the operations of the business.
- Performance monitoring/Testing and capacity planning.
- Creation/maintenance of full system documentation, including DR documentation.
- Innovation – continually looking at ways to improve infrastructure, for a faster and more efficient environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 9i/10/11g
- Good working knowledge of Oracle RAC
- Good working knowledge of SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012
- Experience working with NOSQL
- Experience using a Scripting language to automate tasks
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL High Availability features
- Experience of performance and tuning optimising SQL DB’s
- Experience of monitoring and alerting tools for DB’s
- Experience of ITIL v3 standards or a certificate in ITIL v3 foundation skills beneficial
- Experience of Data Architecture and Database programming tools
- Experience of use of solution design tools
- Solid experience of working within a technical support function as an Oracle/SQL DBA
- Degree educated preferable
- Experience with multi-lingual and multi-currency solutions is a big advantage
- Experience building, maintaining, and supporting development, testing, and production environments
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Track record producing robust, industry-leading solutions. Strong integration experience including third-party .net components
We are looking for a DBA that resonate with our core values:
- You are driven by your passion for working with people and creating excellent end-user solutions
- You understand the importance of quality delivery and keen to meet and exceed standards
- Work with Business Analysts, Developers and Technical Architects to produce the right solution
- Strive continuously for professional growth and improvement
- You thrive in a quickly changing environment, able to adapt and respond to the ambiguity/unknown. Speed is what will enable us to disrupt and extend our lead over competition.
- Unleash creativity and innovation to solve challenging problems
- Contribute to an environment that fosters trust, positivity, and open and honest communication with the ability to have fun and laugh at ourselves
- Honour and respect each individual’s work and ability to work under significant pressure
- Self-motivated, organised and can effectively work with a small highly focused leadership team
Method of Application
ONLY APPLY IF YOUR PROFILE FITS THE ABOVE SKILLSET