Database Officer at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions Our staff includes experts in Health. Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FIH 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S. territories.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments civil society. the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fundraises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria
FHI 360 is collaborating with AHNI on Global Fund North East Initiative (NEI) project management, and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Contract Type: Temporary
- Database Officer will be responsible for the day to day operations of data processing. S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of AHNi OF databases.
- The database approach incorporates the following principles:
- Data remains consistent across the database;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- The application design include web, desktop and mobile GIS applications.
- Other responsibilities include the design and creation of special products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 3 -5 years post national youth service relevant experience. Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/CV’s and cover letter as a single document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org