Database Administrator at Workforce Group
Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organisational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- Responsible for ensuring high data integrity and security through monitoring and early detection of database problems.
- The database administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the company’s database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
The DBA will make sure that databases have the following qualities:
- Data remains consistent across the database – special reference in cluster environment;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for endusers;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements; installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly; capacity planning;
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Qualifications: A degree in one of the following: Computer Science; Computer Software/Computer Systems Engineering; Information Technology;
Skills You will need to have:
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills;
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Good organizational skills;
- The skill to work to tight deadlines under pressure;
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers;
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT;
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology and a deep understanding of information security.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in working with databases.
- 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Database and ITIL certifications would be an advantage with good practical & Project management exposure.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifiedcandidates should forward their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Email Subject: “DBA”
Note: Only applicants with the required years of expereince and project management exposure will be contacted.