Data Technical Officer at the African Field Epidemiology Network
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Technical Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Duration: One Year
- Ensure that DHIS 2 data generated is properly managed and analyzed
- Train state and LGA team on data collection and electronic data entry
- Provide support to state and LGA team to ensure DHIS2 data quality
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state, LGA and HF
- Support in development of strategies that would improve data quality
- Support operation research activities that can help to improve routine immunization data quality
- Support in development of DHIS2 project implementation reports for the funders
- Use communication and information technology to support health structures.
- Data cleaning, sorting, pruning, storing and archiving and analysis of data.
- Perform GIS Map analysis for GIS Projects.
- Perform other tasks given to him by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Data Management, Epidemiology, Public Health or related field
- Possess at least 2-year experience in data management, and or working with public health /monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience working Microsoft office suite
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS
- Software development knowledge or data base administration knowledge would be an advantage
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- A good understanding of public health, data compilation, management and data analysis.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess data management, analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA).
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Experience with web-based applications is design is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.