Danish Refugee Council Vacancy Available
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The responsibilities listed below are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Assist during all processes of rapid multi-sectorial needs assessment and emergency responses
- Assist in mobilizing the communities for the realization of all project/programme activities
- Disseminating and sharing information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services
- Assist in maintaining excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on a timely basis.
- Support planning, set up, management and monitoring of all distribution activities (food and non-food), including supervision of casual labourers.
- Support Shelter/WASH teams where necessary in programme activities, distribution or monitoring.
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP community affected host population and facilitate awareness raising activities with other partner organizations, disseminating information about services available for IDPs and affected host communities.
- Liaise, establish a good working relationship with all humanitarian actors, community leaders and IDPs in the IDP settlements and host communities to encourage participation in, support for and a better understanding of the program activities.
- Assist in Identify key informants in villages (Imam, especially the influential and charismatic women).
- Assist in preparing and conducting communities meetings in the intervention areas.
- Assist in individually and collectively identify the strengths and weaknesses of village committees and propose appropriate solutions.
- At field level keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Strong ability to work in a variety of environments and in remote locations without communication or amenities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong written and oral skills in English. Fluency in Hausa. Competency in Higgi/Marghi, or other local languages.
- Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population is a very strong asset.
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Higher Diploma in Public Health.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Other programme staff
- Procurement & logistics
- Relevant stakeholders and other NGOs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply