Danish Refugee Council Ongoing Recruitment
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Manager
Location: Mubi, Adamawa state. Non-family Duty station
Contract Length: Six-month contract
Start date: As soon as possible
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world&’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Armed Violence Reduction Manager (AVR) for our AVR projects in North East Nigeria.
About the Job
The Danish Refugee Council has been present in Nigeria since 2015, delivering emergency assistance to IDPs and host communities in the three North Eastern states of Yobe, Adamawa and Borno.
In 2016, DRC/DDG started a EU-funded programme that seeks to promote stability and socio-economic recovery in Borno and Adamawa states. The programme focuses on four key programmatic axes:
- Promoting socio-economic recovery and sustainable livelihoods
- Addressing the needs of youth at affected by displacement and at risk of criminality and radicalisation
- Enhancing community protection and conflict mediation capacities
- Reducing the risks associated with mines/explosive remnants of war (ERW)
- He/She is also in charge of supporting the coordination and development of the programme through collaboration with other DRC/DDG staff. He/She reports to the DDG Head of Programs.
- Supervise operational implementation of AVR activities in the DRC/DDG areas of operation (community safety planning, conflict management education, dialogue facilitation, youth engagement).
- The AVR manager must manage all AVR staff and provide coaching, mentoring and support to AVR Supervisors and Facilitators.
- To be successful in this role, we expect you to have strong leadership skills and capacity to work independently, be pragmatical but also innovative, with creative thinking backed by strong analytical and reporting skills.
- You need to have political and cultural sensitivity, as well as diplomatic, tactful and flexible interpersonal style.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in Social Science or Tertiary education in a relevant field
- At least five year previous experience working with an INGO, and three years experience of AVR.
- Good command of English
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities
- Good computer skills
- Open and willing to learn new things
- Enthusiastic, creative and hard-working
- Proven communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Experience in conflict management and prevention an asset
- Previous work with youth an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2018