Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Available Employment Vacancy
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance.
It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Location: Pulka, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Manager) and the international standards
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
- Any other tasks required by the Protection Roving Officer or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
- 2 years Work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or experience as a DRC protection field worker
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Flexibility and high level of pro activity.
- Good knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Knowledge of the protection monitoring data collection methods
- Knowledge / previous experience with Psychosocial support services activities and standards
- Previous experience with DRC as a volunteers or staff will be considered as an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Use CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- CV will be selected on a rolling basis.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
- For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2019