Damco Job for Team Lead – Customer Service
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead – Customer Service
- Take full responsibility for the end-to-end ownership of customers’ shipments and issues.
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers translating to increase in CM1
- Ensure customer is satisfied translating to a repeat business and increase in volumes.
- Engage in constructive problem resolution and provide solutions
- Act and communicate proactively, keeping customers informed of any issues arising or changes in their booking
- Responsible for providing an exceptional, world class customer service to all portfolio of customers.
- Address root causes and seek continuous improvements in our processes.
- Ensure all correspondence are replied, within one hour from sender.
- Ensure swift service delivery, adhering to the standard process and customer specific IOP’s.
- Interact with Sales to ensure customer agreements.
- Facilitate completion of booking and documentation processes (pre-arrival assessment).
- Follow-up for resolution of issues/queries + ensure timely response to customers.
- Timely handover of file to internal parties involved
- Manage job costing for customers assigned, which includes opening and closing of files.
- Send booking confirmation (document status & cost implications for any delays).
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department, Carrier, etc. related to cargo tracking (vessel nomination).
- Keep Client updated on cargo status before and after arrival or departure.
- Escalate all major issues to customer service team leader
- Contact customer on additional charges and get payment commitment/approval.
- Confirm with customer place and time of delivery.
- Confirm and verify declarations then advise customer of expected duty amount and HS code (s) used.
- Raise Invoice for shipping/terminal and other charges which must be prepaid.
- Prepare payment request, receive draft/payment advice and handover to shipping clerk for payment of shipping line charges.
- Receive duty receipt and handover to operations.
- Follow up on entries with operations and advice customer on status.
- Advice customer on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution.
- Follow up on cargo delivery status.
- Coordinate transport and Customs handling (Trucking/CHB).
- Ensure invoices are raised timely and cross-checked with attachments and ensure delivered to client.
- Monitor and manage empty container return to the respective nominated containers depots.
- Ensure all container final detention invoices are paid timely.
- Manage Accounts Receivables for customers assigned.
- Update fields in TrackIT that are assigned to function in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensure team leader is in the know of all major communication with customers.
- Maintain and enhance efficient relationships with customers, suppliers, clerks and authorities.
- Ensure clients are physically visited at least once a quarter or upon Sales invitation to foster greater relationship.
- Ensure operational excellence and coordination.
- Ensure pro-active communication internally and externally.
- Ensure all issues affecting Damco are addressed within Organization as deemed required.
- Maintain and monitor Data Quality of TrackIT updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Social Sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, preferably one that involved any form of technical thinking.
- Can handle pressure and high volume of customers.
- Personable, energetic, accurate, proactive and excellent communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service department for a fast-paced service company.
- Minimum 1 year logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Someone who is an excellent team player and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Should have the ability to converse with people of all levels and is well organized, efficient and effective.
- Basic proficiency in MS office
- Yearly performance appraisal where personal and business objectives for past year is reviewed and new objectives are agreed upon.
- Quarterly KPI Review
- You will be reporting to the Customer Service .
- You will be given the opportunity to express your ideas and mentored to understand the Company processes and build a strong career.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 25th December, 2017.