Current recruitment at Ihs Towers March 2018
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below in Lagos State:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager
Reports To: Group Head, HSE
- As HSE Manager, you will implement and enforce IHS’s Corporate HSE policy and procedures to ensure operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with relevant legislation and company and client requirements.
- You will address all office and site safety issues as required, including implementation of current procedures in place.
- You will also have authority to stop any unsafe operation, where immediate corrective action cannot be implemented.
- Develop a positive HSE culture in the organization, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills, and knowledge.
- Identify workplace hazards and proffer appropriate mitigation of risks in the organization.
- Enforce the use of prescribed personal protective equipment on all operations sites.
- Support, influence and encourage employees to deliver a consistent, continuously improving and sustainable HSE programme in the regions, by implementing safe systems of work at the work site including carrying out risk assessments, ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and adherence to procedures, and communicating these to the workforce.
- Gather data and prepare reports for Investors’ Reports and other reports as required.
- Participate in accident and near-miss investigations and ensure prompt reporting of accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions, as well as their analyses.
- Ensure contractors are managed in line with Company and Regulatory requirements
- Ensure prompt close out of all corrective actions from incidents, audits, clients’ and/ or customers’ inspections and/ or complaints.
- Organize and plan all HSE events in conjunction with relevant departments
Education & Experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body (ISPON, NES, IOSH, IIRSM etc.)
- 5 – 8 years HSE experience with minimum 2 years in management position
- Relevant training and certification (any of NEBOSH, OSHAS 18000, ISO 14001, ISPON, IOSH, IIRSM, OSHAcademy, NSC etc.)
- Working knowledge of and experience in HSE Management System
- Fluent in English, both written and oral communication skills.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- A team player with experience at senior or management level, able to communicate with and influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
Job Title: Manager, Financial Audit
Reports To: Head, Financial Audit & Internal Control
- The Financial Audit Manager is responsible for executing, evaluating, and tracking internal controls over financial reporting.
- Identify, map, and continuously update key financial controls specific to financial reporting.
- Plan, undertake and supervise financial and system audits within finance function to ensure that all functions and systems of finance are working in line with management advised guidelines.
- Perform and supervise tests of the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of key financial controls.
- Assist testers undertaking the control self-assessments.
- Train Sox champions on the provisions of Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Collect, review and analyze workings of, and other financial information prepared by accounting department for identification of exceptions.
- Incorporate external and internal audit findings into testing scope.
- Aligninternal control evaluations with external audits.
- Supervise the regional audits for Pre-audit of invoices, Site visits, Cash counts, Inventory count, Document reviews and Other risk & control related tasks
- Review and audit financial schedules prepared by accounting team.
- Identify and review controls in automation projects for finance in new ERP.
- Support the finance team in implementation of new control activities.
- Test the compliance with approved processes and notify of exceptions.
- Analyze and review other non-financial information reported to management for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist the external auditors in their assessment of internal controls over financial reporting by providing evidence of management review of internal controls.
- Draf consolidated monthly management reports on the assessment of the internal control environment for all the entities.
Education and Experience
- Degree in accounting, audit/risk management
- Chartered Accountant/ACCA certified
- Internal or external audit training
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in audit & accounting with at least two (2) years in a managerial/supervisory role.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and execution of risk based internal or external audits.
- Demonstrable experience in preparation or review of financial results.
- Experience with evaluation of ITGC for integrated financial audits.
- Strong experience of Accounting & Reporting
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IAA/IFRS
- Target oriented with strong focus on excellence on customers relationship management
- Good understanding of Financial Systems i.e. AR, AP etc
- Good understanding of contracts and legal compliances
- Demonstrate knowledge of tax related matters
- Hand on experience of ERP i.e. NAV, SAP, Oracle
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Practical experience of managing teams
- Basic understanding of TowerCo business and technical knowledge
- Practical experience of KPIs
- Demonstrate the skills of management reporting
- Document archiving & filing
- Leadership & Relation building
- Problem solving, dispute resolution & team building
- Planning and organization
- Sound knowledge of internal control environment & internal control framework (COSO)
- Presentation skills, and hand on experience on MS Office tools
- Knowledge of internal control evaluation requirements for SOX provisions
- IT general controls
Reports To: Senior Manager, IT Security
- This job role supports and helps define and maintain a process to counteract interruptions to business activities, as well as protect critical business information assets from the effects of major information system failures or disasters, thereby ensuring their timely resumption
- Responsible for end-to-end information security (from front-line to back-end/data center), and operational risk oversight functions to ensure an acceptable risk profile as well as strict adherence to information risk standards and procedures.
- Liaise with Internal Audit, Assurance, and other relevant functions of the enterprise as part of the overall enterprise-wide risk management.
- Provide relevant and timely information on key risk indicators (KRIs) for effective risk oversight.
- Develop and maintain the Information Risk Management (IRM) framework by proactively developing, refreshing, and implementing an annual IRM program.
- Provide inputs to the formulation of the overall technology strategy, implement the strategic risk management vision for the dependent units, and ensure delivery through the application of exceptional leadership skills, strong network of internal and external alliances, and highly developed business skills.
- Establish credible risk governance, an integrated risk management mindset, and an execution approach that appropriately prioritizes actions based on business impact.
- Implement appropriate systems and processes that ensure that information risks are proactively managed and undesired events detected and remedied on time when they occur.
- Provide inputs to the development of risk policies, plans and procedures that provide an acceptable level assurance.
- Build awareness of new and evolving risks across the in-scope functions and across the entire organization.
- Help identify KRIs for the in-scope functions based on up-to-date situational analyses and trends.
- Support implementation of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the IT function, ensuring continuous and regular validation and testing of documented / approved BCPs.
- Conduct continuous risk assessments & business impact analyses for new and existing solutions.
- Aggregate information to identify operational control weaknesses and build a risk management dashboard that is refreshed and published periodically.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in Information Security, Risk Advisory, and IT Compliance.
- Demonstrable expertise in Vulnerability Lifecycle Management, Security Incidence Response, Business Continuity, Risk Management, ISO 27001, ITIL, and Mobile Core Technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defence in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing globally accepted information system risk, control and BCM standards highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate a broad based operational perspective with enough depth to proffer solutions to all forms of business risk.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- B.Sc., B. Tech or related degree in Computer Science or related field
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.