Current Job Vacancies At PRO Unlimited – Facebook
Facebook is a corporation and online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California, in the United States. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his Harvard College roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the website’s membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to high-school students. Since 2006, anyone who is at least 13 years old was allowed to become a registered user of the website, though the age requirement may be higher depending on applicable local laws Its name comes from the face book directories often given to American university students.
- Job TypeContract Full Time
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
Overview (Lagos, Nigeria) 11 month contract
Our Platform Partnerships team who are responsible for driving product strategy and building strategic partnerships with the most influential companies, start-ups and developers in the region – FB Start, Messenger, Developer Circles etc
Start-Up Programs, Program Manager
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a motivated Program Manager who is passionate about the way Facebook Inc. can work with businesses, startups, and developers to build a variety of valuable product experiences for people.
The Platform Partnerships team at Facebook is responsible for establishing strategic relationships and building out global programs for key partners and start-ups. As a Program Manager you will be responsible for working with some of Nigeria’s most exciting technology start-ups and entrepreneurs — as well as with our world-class Facebook product and engineering teams. In addition to those teams, you will work cross-functionally with the Policy, Legal, Marketing and the Operations teams to optimize new capabilities, improve user experience, and make the Nigerian Start-up community successful. This position will be located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Work with a cross functional team — e.g. Engineering, Product, Developer Support, Product Marketing, Policy and Communications — to develop, implement and deliver value-add initiatives for entrepreneurs, start-ups and developers.
- Manage multiple complex project deliverables for multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to start-ups and entrepreneurs in defining, analyzing, and measuring of their business problems.
- Preferably a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in working with startups, entrepreneurs, and developers.
- Strong strategic and creative thinker.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Passion for innovation and collaboration with startups and early stage entrepreneurs and developers.
- Displaying the highest personal integrity and ethics
Policy Manager, Economic Initiatives
- Job TypeContract Full Time
- Experience7 – 10 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
Corporate Communications and Public Policy – Lagos/Abuja, Lagos/Abuja, Nigeria – Contracted
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-starting public policy expert who can combine a passion for technology’s potential to create economic opportunity with deep relationships across multiple policy influencer groups in Nigeria. The role will support the Public Policy Director, Africa, and will work to amplify the economic impact of Facebook’s platforms with policy influencers, alongside a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times.
This role is a 11 month contract opportunity, and can be based in Lagos or Abuja, with significant travel across Nigeria.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure maximum policy impact of Facebook’s economic impact initiatives
- Identify (and continuously update) key policy influencers, which include policy makers, civil society, academic institutions, etc.
- Create and execute (in partnership with XFN team) focused policy influencer engagement strategy to ensure policy influencer participation in/buy-in/knowledge of activations/events
- Work closely with the Facebook Africa communications lead, and with local agencies to ensure that comms strategy/execution continues to be aligned with maximum policy impact
- Lead on creating/maintaining a database of stories and other engagement materials for policy influencers
- Build and maintain relationships with other key partners including training institutions, agencies and more.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Facebook’s economic impact initiatives in Nigeria, including working with Africa Policy and Communications teams to strategically engage at relevant conferences and events
- Work with Facebook Policy Programs leads to manage local agency/ consultant
- Manage deliverables across 5-6 different programs
- Build and manage monitoring and evaluation framework for each component of Facebook’s economic impact initiatives
- Work with a cross-functional team (Policy, Partnerships, Legal, Marketing, Operations and Communications) — to ensure successful execution of all programs
- Minimum 7-10 years professional experience
- Excellent understanding of Nigeria’s policy landscape (state, federal, agency level, as well as with non governmental orgs/leaders), pre-existing strong relationships across multiple groups of policy influencers, ability to engage senior policy leaders
- Ability to work independently, superior communication and organisational skills
- Experience in organising community events and developing partnerships in Nigeria
- Basic understanding of the digital marketing landscape a plus
- Strong interest in Nigeria’s policy context and the role of digital skills in economic development
- Established relationships with other key stakeholders across various sectors in Nigeria including business, education, youth development, skills development and entrepreneurship
- Ability to clearly identify new opportunities to align key partners with Facebook’s economic impact initiatives
- Integrity, and an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to truly build Facebook’s policy impact across Nigeria
- Strong strategic and creative thinker
Length of Position: Full Time. 11 months initial contract.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.