Current Job Vacancies at Population Services International
Population Services International – With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scale-Up Consultant, Adolescents 360 (A360)
Job ID: 2018-2573
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Reproductive Health and Family Planning
Category: Country Program Operations
Reports to: SFH A360 Project Lead/PSI A360 Project Manager
- With the generous support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), PSI is implementing A360, an innovative investment with a consortium of partners including the Society for Family Health/Nigeria (SFH/Nigeria), Triggerise, the Center on the Developing Adolescent from the University of California, Berkeley, and IDEO.org.
- The project is working with adolescents, young people, parents, community members, providers, and policy makers in Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania to design scalable, cost-effective models aimed at increasing voluntary, modern contraceptive use among adolescent girls aged 15-19.
- The project is high profile and considered to be both Gates’ and CIFF’s “flagship” adolescent investments.
- Provide technical expertise in scaling up of programs and interventions, leading the development of strategies to maximize the potential of A360 adolescent sexual and reproductive health programs at scale
- Support A360’s team in Nigeria to actively plan for pathways to scaling up of promising interventions
- Advise on needed planning, partnerships and processes to be developed to support effective and efficient program scale-up
- Contribute to supporting the design and diffusion of innovative approaches to program design and implementation
- Provide effective guidance and support to in-country management teams and staff assigned to the project.
- Contribute to the Optimization Phase Report Deliverable
What are we looking for?
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing, International Development, Public Health or related subject preferred with at least 5 years of relevant experience, including time spent working in the private sector
- Experience in large-scale program rollout, specifically in healthcare, hospitality, franchising or another similar service area
- Ability to see the big picture and make strategic decisions on program implementation at a large scale while remaining grounded in evidence-based decision making and attuned to program details
- A good balance of creative and innovative thinking coupled with strategic, analytic and practical skills to develop and implement strategies that generate tangible outcomes.
- Must have exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a minimal resource environment
- Skilled in analysis and problem solving with excellent project management skills.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and to lead small groups to consensus.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria without sponsorship
- This consultancy will be through August 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Technical Advisor
Job ID: 2018-2527
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Category: Country Program Operations
Job Type: Full time
Department: Malaria Department
Reporting To: Deputy Team Leader, DFID funded project
- Nigeria represents roughly one third of the worlds malaria burden and contributes to a significant amount of morbidity and mortality in women and children
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial, dynamic Technical Advisor. We need this Technical Advisor to have significant expertise and experience in supporting malaria programs in Nigeria. The Advisor will apply their significant skills with a long-term eye, focused on building sustainable results.
- Establish new and maintain direct relations with multiple units within the government and with partners to ensure a coordinated approach and the production of high quality deliverables
- Support the government and partners to facilitate national strategy formulation
- Serve as technical point person to the government and PSI country team regarding approaches to malaria elimination and liaise
- Liaise with PSI global teams regarding technical matters and additional support required to execute country work plans
- Provide broad technical and management support for PSI in Nigeria for the strengthening of malaria in Nigeria
What are we looking for?:
- Education: You hold a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Communications, Marketing, or a similar discipline. Alternatively, you have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of additional relevant experience.
- Experience: At least 7 years of demonstrated successful experience in designing and implementing marketing and supporting public private partnerships for health in Nigeria. You have some familiarity with malaria in Nigeria. Nigerian national strongly advised.
- Communication: You write with clarity and feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say. You’re not afraid of public speaking and have developed good skills in this arena. You have excellent interpersonal skills, with great experience communicating across cultures.
- Initiative: You know what it means to be “thrown in the deep end”. You’ll have support, but your personal initiative to learn quickly and your willingness to try new things will be critical. You don’t wait to be told what to do. You see a need and you meet it, you’re bold. You know that deadlines are important, and you stick to them. In everything you are always driving to achieve results, to make this market more sustainable and more effective at delivering health impact.
- Tech Savviness: You know key stakeholders in both the public and private sector in Nigeria to make and immediate impact. You have a strong understanding of the finical and regulatory policies and procedures in Nigeria and have and understanding on where to provide capacity support to make PPP stronger for the malaria control and the country.
- Collaboration: You are a team player. You work well with others, but you know how to take initiative to get things done. Even when people don’t report to you, you know how to motivate them to adopt new initiatives or change their approaches. Ideally, you’ve worked in settings requiring lots of collaboration before, perhaps on other multi-national/regional activities that require coordinate with multiple partners and institutions.