Cummins Nigeria Ongoing Recruitment – New Positions
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Master Technician
Ref No: 160004JT
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Shop
Recruitment Job Type: Technician
- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer’s site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Skill Level A
Level II Technician plus:
- Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request ((TSR) process
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including non-Cummins technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit
- Significant field service work experience
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: Ongoing.