Credit Controller at POINT – Print Outsource International
Point was established in 2006 in response to a growing need from corporates to manage and measure their Print and Point of Sale spends. Many of our clients had their own internal print procurement operations but decided to outsource this operation to our specialist team. We partner closely with our clients to manage and identify the key areas of spend across the entire business. This includes Marketing, Point of Sale, In-Store Marketing, Permanent Units, Corporate Affairs, Transactional Print, Training and Direct Mail. Print and Point of Sale materials are often overlooked by management falling somewhere between procurement and marketing.
Point provides dedicated on-site print expertise, Colour Management, DAM, Procurement Support and Consultancy. We use various technologies to form Printflow, our bespoke Print Management and Procurement platform.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Controller
- The Debtors Controllers’ responsibility is to ensure the timeous collection of the company debtors’ book in order to optimize cash flow, minimize risk and reduce outstanding debtor’s book to an acceptable level.
- The Debtors Controller is responsible for ensuring that company policies and procedures are adhered to in respect of handling debtor accounts and to timeously alert the management of potential collection problems.
- This position provides administrative support to the Credit Control Manager through the provision of an efficient and effective support service. The Debtors Controller will be expected to complete their duties as part of an efficient team, and they will be authorized to carry out all operational activities reporting directly to the Credit Control Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration duties -Daily following up on debtors related issues and tracking thereof.
- Preparation and distribution of debtors’ statements.
- Preparation of monthly standard invoices.
- Preparation of Interest Journals.
- Debtors reconciliation.
- Maintaining debtors files and supporting documentation.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reporting to management on outstanding debtors.
- Dealing with internal and external client queries. This includes but is not restricted to Statement issues, invoice detail issues, PO file maintenance etc.
- Liaising with PMC Account Departments on queries and account resolution.
- Financial duties – o Ensure debtors collections are in line with the agreed budget process i.e. timeframes.
- Assisting in the development of the monthly forecast and providing inputs for month end targets.
- Compiling of monthly client financial reporting
- Credit management diploma/B Comm degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in the finance industry.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the debtors function.
- Strong ability to collect debt.
- Excellent reconciliation skills for complex accounts.
- Knowledge of computer-based accounting systems.
- Excellent numeracy and financial awareness.
- Methodical approach and ability to maintain accurate and transparent data systems.
- Highly administrative and debtor focused.
- Good general computer literacy with in depth knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and be highly organised.
- Must be professional and driven.
- Must be structured and follow an organised approach.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you have not been called in 14 days, your application has been unsucessful. Only Nigerian nationals will be considerered for this position