Creative/Copy Writer Job at Pxc Digital
PXC Digital is an imprint of Pixcentric, an organization focused on developing tools that leverage technology to solve problems sustainably, ultimately making life better for people.
We are building an organisation steeped in hard work and best practice; with increasing opportunities for individuals who are motivated by an exceptional drive to deliver results. As a result of expanding demand, it has become imperative to fill the following position:
Job Title: Creative/Copy Writer
Department : Content Management
Work Hours: Mondays – Fridays; 8am – 5pm
You may be required to work on public holidays and sometimes Weekends as the job demands at times.
- You will report to the Managing Director (MD) and work effectively with other team members to achieve company’s objectives on every project.
This position is for individuals who desire to build a career as social media professionals, in a media technology environment. We are looking for smart, savvy, self-driven individuals with great communication skills, willing and able to thrive in our intense, yet, friendly, low supervision culture which values and rewards peak performance.
The successful candidates MUST be versatile, have the capacity to study, create content, and intelligibly discuss subjects spanning diverse fields and sectors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Come up with new and interesting ideas and develop how to convey them to the target audience in an engaging way.
- Write clear, concise and compelling copy for various mediums such ads, blog posts, social media, publications as the job demands.
- Conduct thorough research and interviews on new topics in varied industries.
- Work effectively with other creative professionals to execute marketing projects and campaigns
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Proven experience as a creative/copy writer or in a similar role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Familiar with commonly used style guides
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Excellent use of English language – familiarity with different writing styles
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Experience with web markup language and understand the use of Search Engine optimization
- Strong research skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Team spirit
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Write and design unique, attractive and well-crafted copy that meet clients’ needs as well as company objectives
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews for marketing projects
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Content Management
- Drive and develop the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling/engaging communication for various audience.
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on client’s target audience’s behaviors.
- Select appealing images and videos to complement text.
- Review content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, and advise further improvements.
- Minimum of 2.1 in First degree in any discipline (Second class upper & above only), or HND in any discipline (Distinction only).
- Possession of a Digital / Social Media Management Certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2years post-NYSC experience in a relevant position (client-side, agency-side or editorial) in Digital Marketing field would be an advantage
Interested Applicants to send CVs and a Cover Email on “why you should be considered for the role” to firstname.lastname@example.org