Country Logistic Manager at Acted Nigeria – Borno/Abuja
ACTED – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Logistic Manager
Location: Maiduguri-Borno, Abuja
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
- In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits.
- Ensure timely & cost efficient supply chain management in country, and ensure supply chain traceability & transparency from procurement to final distribution to beneficiaries.
- Ensure ACTED operations efficiency, reliability & sustainability across the country through supervision & development of fleet, premises, assets & communication means.
- Guarantee compliance to ACTED & donors’ logistics guidelines in all operations within the country and enforce logistics procedures across teams.
- Contribute to safety & security management through the development & implementation of SOP & plans, and support to the Country Director for crisis management.
- Lead logistics teams, coordinate and facilitate access to information within the FLAT teams.
Duties & Responsabilities
- Supply Chain Management:
- Stocks and deliveries
- Transversal Logistical Management:
- Fleet and transportation
- Communications and IT management:
- Compliance and Transparency
- Contribution to safety and security management
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com under Ref: CLM/NIA