Country Director at Talentstone Africa
Our client is one of world’s largest and fastest-growing social enterprises. The company is vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. It expects to continue rapid expansion in Africa. In Africa, it has launched operations in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria and Liberia. The company is also looking to expand rapidly in Nigeria.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 – 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Our Client is seeking a Country Director to take over leadership of their Nigeria program and continue the ambitious and successful expansion in Nigeria. The Country Director will learn the full spectrum of business operations and business methods from the outgoing Country Director as well as from the extended global team.
Reports to – Global Chief Executive Officer
- Drive continued market expansion in Nigeria, including managing a team of 400+ staff and growing which is needed to execute in-country strategy and operations;
- Work with and leverage team support from the global teams and support offices across the 7 countries our client operates in to ensure in-country operations are aligned to global processes and systems;
- Refine and execute country strategy to ensure sustainable operations at scale and deliver the maximum learning impact;
- Refine and create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach alongside the in country senior leadership team, to continue expansion and to support operations at scale;
- Project manage the moving parts of the day to day operations by ensuring each function is operating on time, on budget and on target;
- Learn every step of the lifecycle of producing an operational company;
- Lead on and be prepared to do every job in the entire company lifecycle, to some extent.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 10 – 15 years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience;
- Strong academic performance and advanced degree from a top business or graduate school preferred;
- Passion for the company’s vision and mission. The successful individual will be a mission driven person with a knack for social impact and acceleration;
- At least one work experience that required highly independent work in an exceedingly challenging environment;
- Work experience at top corporations (developed markets i.e. Europe, USA or Asia) a plus;
- Prior full-time work experience in the specified country;
- Prior experience starting a start-up; prior experience as an early hire at a start-up who remained with the company through to profitability, acquisition, or bankruptcy;
- Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common, and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for success;
- Ability to manage a very broad scope of work; front office, back office, development, regulatory;
Expected Start Date
The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
The role is based in Lagos, Nigeria. By nature of the role, extensive travel may be required of the incumbent within and outside the country from time to time.
Method of Application
Please visit http://www.talentstonesearch.com/candidates.html to view the full job description and .
If you feel that you possess the relevant skills for the above role and wish to take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your updated resume and completed questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org