Cost Engineer at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Engineer
- Value Engineering: Evaluate different design proposals and establish optimum cost and challenge contractors bids as may be necessary and provide details of cost, quantities, work hours for cost benchmarking to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the PD CAPEX Projects.
- Cost Estimating Database: Develop and maintain up-to-date cost database for the preparation of accurate cost estimates for PD CAPEX budget planning, project screening and investment decisions to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the PD CAPEX Projects.
- Payment and Certification: Develop and agree valuation schedules and implement valuation of project work done, prepare variation accounts and timely/quality payment certificates and final accounts for all PD CAPEX Projects to achieve effective project contract cost management and budget performance.
- Cost Estimating: Produce timely and quality cost estimates/Bills of Quantities/MTOs for PD CAPEX budget planning, project screening and investment decisions in line with Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the PD CAPEX Projects.
- Project Contracting: Develop Enquiry Schedules of Rates, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Time Resources, Bills of Quantities and Materials Take –Off (MTO) for CAPEX projects to achieve a standard, uniform and consistent bid document to Company’s Contract & Procurement Department (CPM) to facilitate effective and common basis for job pricing by vendors, ensure efficient, transparent and auditable bid analysis and support effective post contract management of Capex projects..
- Project Contracting: Develop tender analysis models for schedule of rates contracts to aid management’s decision to award call-off contracts and ultimately achieve value for money
- Management of Change: Contribute to projects change management process by analyzing trends and potential change impact on project cost, assessing, negotiating and agreeing valuation of variations (change orders) with contractors and advise project leaders in respect of raising financial commitments and obtaining authorities for variations to achieve proper project cost control and value for money.
- Cost Control: Maintain a database of all current projects contracts, including current site estimates, original, current and forecast final status in respect of cost and progress to ensure consistency, integrity, quick retrieval of cost information to keep cost within approved budget.
- Education: B.Sc. in Engineering/Quantity Surveying. Membership of any relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years post-graduation experience, 2 of which should have been in projects in an oil or gas industry.
- Provide cost advice based on sound knowledge and application of contract law / conditions of contract for contractual claims management.
- Estimating Report as contribution to PD CAPEX report
- Implement all assigned project excellence initiatives to address all legacy issues to ensure continuous improvements within the Project Delivery Units.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Cost Engineer “