Cost Controller at Lilygate Hotel
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Prepare and analyse food and beverage costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Assist in the monthly food and beverage inventories count and extension.
- Establish and maintain a database for food and beverage inventory stock including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all food and beverage items.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for food and beverage supplies to the various departments. Summarize these transactions for each financial period close.
- Cost all food and beverage items and where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential food and beverage cost of sales.
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and compute the following:
- Monthly food and beverage actual costs by outlet
- Monthly storeroom variances for food and beverage
- Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices.
- Establish and monitor the following operational controllers in the banquets and food and beverage outlets:
- Cash Bars
- Menu Items (ensure that they are properly rung up the system)
- Liquor pouring procedures
- Guest check void controls
- Cash handling and check settlement
- Operation inventories and reconciliations
- Point of Sale system user capabilities and controls
- Portion controls
- Prepare F&B reports as requested by management.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program.
- Previous hotel accounting experience (Minimum 3 years preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Lanmark, Fidelio, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com