Corporate Governance & Compliance Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Governance & Compliance Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Corporate Governance and Compliance Lead
- To provide specialist advice, support and to drive Corporate Governance and Compliance , thereby ensuring the efficient operation of the Ikeja Electric’s decision making mechanisms and that our operations follow the legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to our business and industry
- Provide support in developing and implementing regulatory compliance framework to achieve the Company’s goal of regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure information flow and reports to internal and external stakeholders are reliable, timely, correct and approved in line with our regulatory requirements and business sustainability at all times
- Understand regulatory or contractual relationships (orders, codes statutes or agreements etc.) as they apply to various stakeholders thereby developing framework to highlight duties, obligations, roles, penalties, remedies, dispute resolution, risk and mitigation strategy in line with governance and compliance expectations.
- Provide support to develop, implement, manage and embed the corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric and ensure that policies, processes and guidelines required to maximize shareholders and stakeholder values, which are in line with best practice.
- Maintain the corporate governance page of the Ikeja Electric website and intranet
- Promote the culture of governance and compliance for Ikeja Electric in line with approved policies.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on corporate governance requirements.
- Provision of operational support and practical advice, geared towards effective and efficient management of the company’s regulatory compliance risks.
- Entrench the corporate governance principles in both internal and external stakeholders as a way of Ikeja Electric carrying out its business
- First degree in law or any other related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of cognate experience in corporate governance, law, public policy or administration.
- Relevant professional Certification would be an added advantage
- Corporate Administration – ( Policy development, formulation and implementation)
- Stakeholder management – (Negotiation and Conflict resolution)
- Good knowledge of the electricity industry regulatory requirements
- Ability to analyze data, prepare reports, presentations and legal opinions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communicator/motivator, negotiator and ability to multi-task
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online