Contract Support Engineer Job at The Sparrows Group
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated Engineering services to the global Energy industry. Our solutions support our client’s to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people. With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Support Engineer
Req Code: 2469
Location: Port Harcourt
Work Type: 8/2 Rotation
About this Role
- Receive and utilise guidance from experienced engineers and subject matter experts to deliver the highest possible service and technical support when required.
- Prepare calculations, using specialised software packages when necessary, to comply with various international codes and standards.
- Prepare detailed work procedures and reports in relation to projects executed.
- Completing purchasing documentation and monitor procurement process to ensure equipment and material availability.
- Arrange equipment dispatch and transportation.
- Create a comprehensive plan of activities and setting clear objectives for project implementation. Monitor progress against them and take corrective action as needed.
- Administration and planning of all assigned projects and work scopes as directed.
- Develop cost, time and resource schedules and assist in the preparation of proposals and tenders.
- Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with personnel, customers, sub-contractors, management, team members and other colleagues.
- Work cooperatively and productively with all functions to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
- Actively contribute to meetings and discussions.
- Assist with the development of team systems and working methods
- Work within limits of financial authority as dictated by company policy
- Promptly action engineering invoice drafts and ensure strict financial control of assigned projects.
- Carry out month end work and control unbilled sales and debt as required.
- Work to agreed quality standards and specific requirements.
- Identify variations from quality standards and recommend improvements.
- Attend, and actively participate in, all training provided by company l, whether internally or externally provided
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with people and use behaviour and language which is appropriate for the workplace.
- Develop and control all aspects of visa and travel in association with the Global Travel Team for personnel working on any projects in Nigeria.
- Carry out continuing professional development necessary to maintain and enhance competence in own area of responsibility.
- Adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
- It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the company’s health, safety, environment and quality management system and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the management systems.
- The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health , safety and/or environmental legislation to follow all company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency.
- The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the company premises.
- The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems according to the management system processes/procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have ideally as a minimum:
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working within the Offshore Industry
- Mechanical handling knowledge
The following is also Desirable:
- Chartership or working towards
- Experience of working with International Colleagues
- Careful and meticulous professional and a motivated self-starter
- Good technical writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- You will need to have up-to-date Word or PDF copies of your CV and/or Cover Letter to hand.
- You may also include copies of any relevant certificates, if desired