Consultant Malaria – North East at the World Health Organization
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Consultant (Malaria – North East)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Consultancy Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Ref Id: 1704184
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 12 months
Purpose of the Position
- In order to address the specific need of the North East, WHO in collaboration with National and States Malaria Programmes, developed a framework, which tried to stratify malaria interventions in the North East based on access.
- This framework aims to guide the States and Partners in the prioritization and implementation strategies of interventions based on the emergency response.
Description of Duties
- The Staff will work with the WHO emergency team based in Maiduguri and the State Malaria Elimination Programme and other relevant stakeholders to carry out the following tasks:
- Engage in further dissemination of the Implementation framework
- Facilitation of malaria partner coordination on the implementation of the framework
- Monitor adherence to Implementation of the framework
- Situation analysis/Needs assessment of the Malaria situation in the three states
- Provide operational support to the emergency team for issues related to malaria programme implementation
- Facilitate intervention mapping, implementation and deployment of resources
- Monitor progress of intervention
- Identification of bottlenecks
- Document processes and key lessons/best practices
- Support mobilization of resources for Malaria in the North East
- Engagement of local authorities on other AIDs, TB and Malaria issues
- Essential: University degree in Medical Statistics and/or Epidemiology or any related discipline.
- Desirable: Post graduate degree; MPH, MSc, or Masters in Medical Statistics and/or Epidemiology is desired.
- Essential: Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of the National Malaria landscape,Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organization in the country.
- Experience in North East will be an added advantage.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Fluency in spoken and written English
Specific skills required:
- Experience in facilitation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on tl-ex.vcdp.who.int to apply