Connect Rail Services Limited Latest Job Vacancies [2 Positions]
Connect Rail Services Limited – Our company, Connect Rail is at the cutting edge of leveraging rail and in-land waterways in transporting heavy-lift goods by taking the pressure off the road network. Our vision is to build a Pan African logistics business committed to unlocking the challenge of moving goods across the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terminal Operations Manager
- We are seeking a suitably competent Terminal Manager who will be responsible for planning, administering and reviewing the operations at the terminal in Ikorodu, Lagos State in order to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards.
- Lead a safe, effective, efficient and profitable operation of the terminal facility by managing all aspects of the terminal to meet customer and throughput commitments
- Develop and deliver on business plans to meet terminal commitments
- Oversee terminal budget
- Handle coordination with truck owners on delivery of cargoes (minimize container demurrage)
- Manage tug boats, barge switching and fleeting operations
- Responsible for safety and health throughout the terminal
- Lead, develop and implement strategic and operational planning for a port terminal facility
- Liaise with industry stakeholders and represent the company on external committees and associations
- Supervise barging process and inventory management ensuring that freight arrives at its destination in a timely manner
- Monitor computerized automation system, to ensure that all equipment is operational, and production levels are met and maintained in accordance with goals and objectives
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of data captured on the ERP system
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- First degree in any related course of study.
- A Masters’ degree in the same. Professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years in shipping and maritime industry and working of container Terminal.
- Ability to understand, prepare and manage terminal cost and revenue budgets
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- They should have a good working knowledge of IT encompassing but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The individual for this role should have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner.
- Understanding of Safety Management System principles.
- Continuously identify ways to improve implementation of operational processes.
- Continually identify and implement ways to provide cost savings/benefits to the Operations through more efficient processes.
- Demonstrated improvement in corporate safety culture amongst the Operations Team through achieving corporate Safety Targets.
- Foster constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- They will need the ability to react quickly to given situations, using innovative, creative solutions and be prepared and willing to operate with a ‘hands on’ approach as the business demands.
- Must provide a full 10 year checkable work history.
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
- Develop, communicate and implement Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) policies in the entire organization and project sites.
- Develop a monthly HSE and Quality Assurance (QA) communication strategy, which would include written information, tool box talks and management briefs, for all sites and levels of staff.
- Provide direction, technical guidance on Health and Safety practices and interpret quality compliance requirements to all employees.
- Conduct quality and HSE audits as required; identify opportunities for continuous improvements while also investigating problematic areas and providing practical cost effective solutions to ensure continuous improvement.
- Liaise with the Human Resource department for initiation and coordination of HSE and quality training.
- Lead and monitor safety management performance at client’s site ensuring that incident investigation, analysis and reporting processes are complied with.
- Ensure sites are operated at highest Quality and Health safety standards.
- Ensure that processes needed for quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
- Coordinate and ensure that the company’s quality management system works and is continuously improved in accordance with the ISO standards.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- A good Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of related QHSE experience in Quality Assurance, visual inspection and Quality control in engineering and construction activities.
- Good practical knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 to adequately develop quality management systems and implement same within the organization .
- Competence in risk based design including management of qualitative risks assessments.
- Age: 30-40 years
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Excellent computer skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Title” as subject of mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.