Community Mobilization Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International – 3 Positions
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The Community Mobilization Officer will be based in Damasak, Borno state and report to the Food, Security and Livelihood Deputy Project Manager.
- The Community Mobilization Officer will implement community based program focusing on key project objectives and ensuring all modalities that lead to project sustainability are well developed and validated.
Task and Responsibilities
- Design a work plan and approaches towards rebuilding the community assets in a bid to promote early recovery.
- Regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required and also track, report and map all activities under community mobilization.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring of the implementation of home visits of beneficiaries by community actors for follow-up of non-respondents, defaulters and potential defaulters.
- Mobilize the community for nutrition activities (detection of case, referral, follow-up). Active screening in phase one of the project and implementing passive screening in the second phase of the project.
- Building community mobilization network system within communities and follow-up implementation of activities.
- Develop the project exit strategy procedure and communicate its content to all the stake holders.
- Promote good community relationship to facilitate project acceptability and community participation in relevant activities.
- Follow up with the local traditional leaders and community volunteers to ensure compliance with the set action plans and rules for the community work.
The successful candidate will have;
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Health Information/Health Education and other related qualifications with at least 2 years experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in food security and livelihood programming and community mobilization.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible, supervise and coach community volunteers.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Ability to speak English and Hausa.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- To be resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within the community.
- Previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. FSL, cash transfers, wash, Nutrition).
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online