Community Manager at Ventures Platform
We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities, and institutions, enabling them to enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times. When our people (team, beneficiaries, and partners) succeed, we succeed. We deliver quality results with innovation, professionalism, and excellence. If it’s not excellent, then it’s not a Ventures Platform. We welcome debate but remain a close-knitted family. We help each other grow in every way and at all times. The success of one is the success of all. We are purposeful and deliberate, not moving wherever the wind of circumstance blows us but staying the course of our vision with agility and grit. We are humble, frank and always strive to be helpful in a fun and safe working environment.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
We have exciting initiatives for our VP community in 2020 and we are looking to hire a Community Manager to lead that effort. Our Choice candidate will be responsible building, promoting and nurturing a thriving and vibrant community of entrepreneurs and innovators by adopting/initiating/attracting series of engaging programs and events; initiating communications geared towards stimulating growth, value and overall profitability of the community. S(He) is the life and the face of the VP Hub/Community and would execute on the following;
Community & Culture
- As Community Manager, you are to set the tone of the VP online & offline community by innately possessing the ability to connect with members by getting to know the workings of their business and constantly initiating ways to add value to them.
- Design cultures, practices/ rituals in the community that enables the most effective working and inspiring collaboration for resident entrepreneurs, and the wider community.
- Supervise seamless onboarding of VP community members
- Design and deliver networking and outreach events and sessions that support community building and brand building.
- Drive and support collaborative initiatives among members of the community.
- Foster brand awareness and engagement within and outside the community through creative Programs.
- Interfaces with all VP internal teams to ensure the community is optimal.
- Ensure community rules are abided by and build community.
- Be a rallying point for all members of the community and a hub of solutions to their growth needs
Programs Design & Execution
- As Community Manager, you are to understand the needs of the community, design and initiate local programs, in response to this need.
- You are constantly on the lookout for valuable partnerships/exposures that will be beneficial to the community.
- You will work closely with the communications Manager in the execution of these programs.
- You are constantly tracking the effect of these programs and tweaking them for greater impact within the community the immediate and broader VP community.
- You are to work with the Director of Programs to create and manage an Alumni network for participants in all VP programs
- You are to create and manage a re-occurring list of engaging activities focused at providing value to the network and keeping it alive and active
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience as a community manager or similar role
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- People Management
- Events & Program Management
- Customer relations
- Business Development
- Graduate from a recognized University
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.