Community Engagement Manager at Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
About the Role
- The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for implementing all outreach programmes across academies with the purpose of attracting new parents to Bridge and developing loyalty among existing parents.
- The work of the Community Engagement Manager includes the development, execution, and monitoring of academy advertising, communications, events, programmes, community relations, and well as well as analysing results and suggesting improvements to future programmes and developing ad-hoc programmes as needed.
- This is a highly hands-on job with the expectation that the Community Engagement Manager will spend a lot of time in the field, ensuring that all programmes are implemented as planned and making the gains expected.
- The Community Engagement Manager must be incredibly organised, customer-centric, skilled at negotiating and relationship building, and exhibit excellent problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- The Community Engagement Manager must thrive in fast-paced environments with multiple demands.
What you will do:
- Coordinate all academy-level communications to academy staff, parents, and community members, including writing and tracking message content in the form of letters, emails, internal messages, advertisements, SMS, robocalls, and more
- Project manage the production, execution, and distribution of community outreach materials such as posters, flyers, and signposts across all Bridge communities
- Purchase local and national media such as billboards, radio, print advertisements, and more as needed
- Project manage the execution of all planned academy and community events and programmes including parent meetings, parent-teacher conferences, parent-teacher associations, pupil performances, community events, grand opening celebrations, back to class celebrations, prize giving day/graduations, and more
- Work with national and global leadership teams to develop new events and other academy programmes as needed
- Help with creative material design as needed including copy writing, design evaluation, photography, marketing testing
- Work with global or national PR teams to help prep academies, staff, parents, and/or pupils media engagements as needed
- Ensure all academies are able to implement all community outreach programmes at scale, providing support as needed
- Analyse what is and isn’t working across all community outreach initiatives and make recommendations for improvement, including initiating customer research as needed
- Manage a small team in accomplishing all of these goals; some national travel will be required
What You Should Have:
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- 8+ years relevant experience including extensive experience in programme management, communications, marketing, advertising, event planning, community relations, and managing a team
- Results-driven, scrappy attitude with a desire for continuous improvement; Flexible and ready to work hard, travel, do whatever is needed to get the job done
- Proven success driving growth at a data-driven, customer-facing organisation and ability to operate to scale
- Strong familiarity of the communities Bridge International Academies are in; you have lived or worked in low-income communities for several years and are accustomed to how communities work
- Supreme organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills with impeccable spoken and written English; additional local language skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, graduate degrees preferred
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online