Communications Programme Coordinator at Leap Africa
LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Programme Coordinator
Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability, and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa, established in 2002, is a nonprofit committed to developing dynamic innovative and principled African leaders. We recognize that raising leaders is critical to nation building and wealth creation. Over the years, LEAP has inspired and equipped youth, business owners and social entrepreneurs to lead ethically while implementing initiatives that transform their communities and organizations for better; sustaining livelihood and contributing to national development. LEAP achieves this through its training programmes, publications, and most recently eLearning.
The Departmental Objectives
- Excellent branding, PR and marketing of LEAP’s programmes and activities.
- Maintain organization’s position as a thought leader on youth and leadership development in Africa.
- Demonstrate innovation and proactivity to achieve organization’s goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media and Digital Marketing:
- Design and implementation of the organization’s social media strategy.
- Ensure successful deployment of social media strategy in line with organization’s goal.
- Content creator and lead on social media to drive publicity for LEAP’s programmes and events (e.g. twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, blog)
- Monitor performance metric on quarterly basis for reports.
- Handle stakeholder management via creation and distribution of digital marketing materials.
- Manage subscription of e-newsletters.
- Manage and optimize SEO for the website.
- Handle digital fundraising.
Strategic Corporate Communications:
- Design and implementation of strategic media and communication plans for programmes
- Successful deployment of media plans for new and existing programmes including press related activities.
- Produce corporate print publication such as the LEAP! Bi-annual newsletter.
- Provide support in creation of multi-media productions for the organization including commercials, short documentaries, audio messages and videos in various internet formats.
- Provide support on website maintenance and content writing.
- Contribute to the development of publicity and marketing materials.
- Creation of online and offline content that resonate and communicate the brand clearly, its focus and direction and boosts perception and reputation.
- Provide support in alumni engagement and management.
- Managing organization’s databases.
- Monitor adherence to the brand for all external communications.
- Support training of staff and brand guideline implementation e.g. ensures branded templates are in place.
- Undertake any other public outreach activities as assigned
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain relationships with organization’s stakeholders.
- Conduct annual stakeholder satisfaction surveys and reviews that they feed into programme and organizational improvements.
- Consult with programmes departments on stakeholder engagement and management.
Technical, Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years work experience in related roles
- Degree in related fields (desirable but not a requirement for consideration)
- Content development, articles, editing, copy writing across multiple channels
- Social media content promotion
- Email marketing
- Database management.
- Team player and resourceful
- Knowledge of the civil/social development sector
- Commitment to leadership development in Nigeria.
Key Competencies Required:
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficient with social media tools, digital marketing tools and MS software
- Strong research, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer relationship management skills
- Creative, proactive and possess ability to conceptualize
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with various audiences.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Possess basic graphic and website design.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org