Communication Consultant at PACT Nigeria
Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 – 7 years
- Location Gombe
- Job Field Consultancy Media / Advertising / Branding
Consultancy Description: Communication Consultant
Duration: To be communicated
Supervisor: Project Director (SAQIP) and Project Manager (ELAP), Pact West Africa, Nigeria
Job Summary: The consultant will be engaged as an independent Communication consultant to create Social Behavioral Change Communications Strategy to alter current patterns in people to reflect attitudes that will help our communities thrive in our various intervention areas for the to alter current patterns in people to reflect attitudes that will help our communities thrive in our various intervention areas for the State Accountability and Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP), a MNCH project in Gombe, and the Engaging Local Actors to Promote Peaceful Coexistence among Farmers and Herders (ELAP) in Taraba.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The consultant will work together with the programs team to develop Animated Success Story Video on SAQIP outcomes (5-8 Minutes) and develop Photo story video slide on selected 3 change ideas created (2-3 minutes each) for SAQIP. He/she will also develop SBCC strategy for the ELAP project in line with APEA and Baseline findings as well as develop Interactive products for radio talk shows and jingles to address concerns of different stakeholders towards behavioral change in line with findings from Baseline and APEA.
- Meeting with the SAQIP/ ELAP team to walk through consultancy deliverables
- Submit consultancy workplan
- Submit an animated video on SAQIP outcomes 5-8 min
- Submit photo story video slide on selected 3 change ideas—(3min
- Submit the first draft of SBCC strategy for the ELAP project based on APEA /Baseline assessment findings
- Submit first draft of content for radio talk shows, jingles and IEC materials
- Submit final draft of SBCC strategy for the ELAP project
- Submit final draft of content for radio talk shows, jingles and IEC materials
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in a related field or any of these courses: Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- A minimum of 5- 7 years of experience in designing and implementing social and behavior
- change interventions;
- Experience with social marketing and strategic communications
- Experience with the use of mass media and social networks to influence and gain public support
- Preferable experience implementing SBCC in the North East.
For the full RFQ, kindly click on the following link:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. . All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e Communication Consultant). Note that submissions will be considered on a rolling basis that only short-listed candidates will be contacted