Commercial Lawyer at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Job Title: Commercial Lawyer
- The Commercial Lawyer will provide corporate support and handle all complex legal matters and projects.
- He/she will deal with issues pertaining to business transactions, wide range of commercial matters and agreements.
- Providing clear and concise legal advice and support to the client, having regard to the client’s business objectives, and delivering practical, creative and commercial solutions and value within budget and time constraints, whilst ensuring that risks are understood and mitigated.
- Taking instructions from the client and advising on the law and legal issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and other legal documents tailored to the client’s needs.
- Attending meetings and negotiations as legal adviser with opposing parties.
- Ensuring, as far as possible, that the client’s governance processes are observed as regards commercial matters with which the commercial solicitor deals.
- Assisting with the resolution of disputes concerning commercial contracts.
- Monitoring the suitability of the client’s contract precedents, processes and procedures and amending them and providing training as necessary.
- Identifying ways to add value and improve internal efficiencies, including process improvements.
- Supervising and delegating work to paralegals and support staff as appropriate.
- Liaising with professionals and other operatives in both the client’s business and externally.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legal, legislative, regulatory and industry developments relevant to the legal specialism, informing and updating the team, and providing proactive updates to facilitate the client’s operational activities.
- Designing and delivering commercial law training to the client’s business and management teams.
- Undertaking a range of continuing professional development (CPD) activities ensuring efficient knowledge transfer across the legal team.
- Complying with all service level agreements and KPIs, including accurately recording time and meeting reporting obligations.
- Obtaining regular client feedback.
- Any other duties deemed necessary.
- Education: LLB and BL
- Experience: 8 -10 years’ experience
- Expertise in commercial contracts and agreements.
- Proactive and forward thinking, with good initiative.
- Organised and good at managing time effectively, using appropriate systems and processes.
- Use of appropriate, professional and client-friendly language.
- Ability to work alone with confidence and self-discipline, taking ownership of tasks and able to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to learn a complicated and dynamic business, understand the client, its customers and the regulatory regime in which the business operates and proactively advise on a combination of legal and business issues.
- Ability to absorb and manage high volumes of information and follow methodical, structured and logical approach.
- Accurate and timely time recording and financial management of case load.
- Flexible working attitude, adaptability to workload and deadlines.
- Good relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills and highly team-oriented.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Wide range of appropriate IT skills.
- Ability to research and analyse complex data and information
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com and kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.