College Librarian at Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe
Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe – The Governing Council of the College wishes to commence the process for the appointment of suitable and qualified candidates to occupy the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments as well as providing servicesfor the entire Coltege Community.
- The Librarian is a specialized academic whose primary duties involve serving the information needs of students and staff. This position typically involves coordinating the duties of many Librarians and library staff to ensure adequate access to library resources for those who enroll in and teach courses.
- The successful candidate will be required to administer and develop the College Library, Schools and Departmental Libraries to meet the College increasing needs for the students and staff. He should prepare library budget.
- The candidate for the post of Librarian must possess MLS with a minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- The candidate is also expected not to be below the rank of Deputy Librarian, have scholarly publications equivalent to that of Chief Lecture in reputable journals, be a member of Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria, Nigeria Library Association and be computer literate.
- The candidate should not be more than 60 years at the time of appointment.
Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable the post of College Librarian in Colleges of Education and as may be determined from time to time by the Government’ Governing Council of the College.
Application Closing Date
2nd Janauary, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward 15 copies of type written application with15 copies of updated Curriculum Vitae giving following details in a sealed envelope:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary Level
- Extra-Curriculum Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees
Also to be forwarded with the application are photocopies of each certificate claimed. Candidates are advised to request their named referees to send references on them direct to the Registrar before the closing date stated above.
All application should be forwarded to the address below:
Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe,
- Post applied for should be indicated on the envelope
- This is a re-adveristment so those who have applied before should re-apply
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for interview would be acknowledged.