Collections Analyst at Lidya
Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in frontier and emerging markets. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria where over 100,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Collections Analyst position is responsible for negotiating payments and settlements on behalf of Lidya to ensure the timely collection of payments from delinquent clients and accurate accounts receivable reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Debt Settlements: Accurately maintain client records throughout the debt collection process and work with customers to develop, recommend, and enact payment plans to eliminate client debt in an agreed timeframe aligned with Lidya’s collections policy. Manage all past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be takenfor each individual client. Collect on delinquent accounts by contacting customers via telephone, email, and visiting the place of business. Compile daily, weekly, and monthly reports on status of delinquent accounts, collection activity, and accounts receivable status. Report progress of collections to Supervisor, make recommendations for next steps and write-offs.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Support the evaluation of loans given to customers by ensuring that credit appraisals are completed properly and uphold monitoring of accounts to identify outstanding debts. Review terms of contract and service with client and clearly communicate various payment options. Work cooperatively with other departments to best determine how to balance both the customer’s and Lidya’s needs.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset
- 2 to 4+ years of experience working in financial services industry as a collections, credit disputes, credit reporting, or fraud resolution analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Law, Accounting, Statistics, Investments or a related business discipline.
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Outstanding customer engagement skills and demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships, including considerable experience with client negotiations.
- Superior organization with a demonstration of ownership and taking initiative to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
Interested and qualified? Go to Lidya Nigeria career website on www.lidya.co to apply