Clinical Psychologist at Street Child Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist (National Staff)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State with travel across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe
Reports to: Child Protection Programme Manager
Job Type: Full-time position
Contract Duration: 10 months
- Street Child of Nigeria is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to ensure the protection of child across the country
- The organization was founded as a direct response to the protection needs of children in the north east of Nigeria. Street Child of Nigeria is committed to improving the lives of children affected by the conflict and preventing generational violence through ensuring the protection of children and ensuring children are provided with basic education and psychological care.
- Street Child is operational in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States. Street Child seeks to provide specialized mental health services to most vulnerable children in these locations.
- Under the supervision of the program manager, you will be responsible for providing psychotherapy services to children in need of specialized services so as to ensure quality of mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) in the fields.
- Provide specialized mental health services to vulnerable children
- Conduct individual and group psychotherapy regarding problems such as depression, stress, abuse, sexual violence and family situations in order to modify behaviour and /or to improve personal, social and emotional adjustment of children
- Develop and implement individual and group treatment plans
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Consults with other professionals, regarding evaluation and treatment
- Provide psychological assessment, testing and evaluation, referral, and consultation
- Collaborate and cooperate in a professional manner with co-workers, implementing partners, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepare and maintain mental health notes and narrative reports of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format) following the policies of records and maintenance of client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Psychology. Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology is an added advantage.
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in providing psychotherapy services to children. Experience in a hospital setting is an added advantage.
- Professional, expert knowledge of psychological theories and principles.
- Able to participate in evaluation, diagnosis, individual, group and family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, prevention and clinical internship practice.
- Ability to communicate with children of all ages.
- High degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation of children.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills.
- Must have strong interest in clinical psychology; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of north east Nigeria and street child.
Of Added Advantage:
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Experience in managing Human Resources
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Clinical Psychologist Role” and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English including three (3) professional references with their contact information, phone and email address
- A Cover Letter describing the candidate’s desire and motivation to work for Street Child and how your qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position
- Certificate of professional qualification.
- Only those who supply all three documents listed above will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.