Clinical Coordinator at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare NGO/Non-Profit
Department Health Systems Strengthening Unit
Reports To: Senior Program Manager, GF HIV
CRS is a Sub-Recipient to Family Health International (FHI 360) on the Global Fund New Funding Model HIV Program in Nigeria. The Program seeks to scale up gender sensitive HIV prevention services among children and adults in Nigeria.
Training and Mentoring
- Supervise Technical Specialists and Adherence officers to coordinate and mentor the ART, TB, PMTCT and SRH clinical care team at supported secondary health facilities.
- To work closely with the Senior Program Manager, the M&E Manager,the Supply Chain Manager and the Program Support Officer to ensure quality implementation of services; and data driven decision making.
- Ensure that Technical Specialists and Adherence officers carry out technical needs assessment with respect to ART, TB, PMTCT, HCT and SRH at partner health facilities and proffer solutions in line with GF & CRS’s organizational goals and objectives.
- Oversee the provision of onsite mentorship to partner facility staff on ART, TB/HIV, PMTCT and SRH.
- Ensure that current knowledge of HIV/AIDS patient’s standard of care at the partner health facilities is maintained through organization of didactic sessions, case reviews/presentations etc.
- Ensure all SHCs have adequate knowledge materials and job aids; including current national guidelines, that ensure uniformity of practice across all sites.
- Follow up on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement strategies identified by the program team, andparticipation in meetings or committees like Project Management Team (PMT), TB-HIV meetings, etc geared towards meeting overall grant objectives at partner health facilities.
- Monitor target across allotted states and facilities and provide feedback to ensure target achievement.
- Actively come up with strategies to ensure donor target achievements are met on clinical service delivery modules.
- Oversee collaborations with SHC staff and community volunteers to ensure all patients on ART are tracked and followed up on.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of all process and output indicators specified by FHI and the GF.
- Ensure that Technical Officers provide direct supervision of the partner SHCs.
- Ensure that Technical Officers provide monthly reports of all activitiescarried out at partner health facilities.
- In collaboration with Supply Chain Manager, Laboratory Manager and Chemonics, ensure that there are no stock-outs of pharmaceutical and laboratory commodities, and that these commodities when supplied are properly utilized and documented.
- In collaboration with the program and technical staff, develop,implement and periodically update a decentralized work plan.
- Ensure all cash advances are liquidated promptly.
- Ensure that facilities utilize their budgets appropriately to improve clinical service delivery
Partnerships and Networking
- Liaise with other GF SRs and PEPFAR IPs in supported states to ensure coordinated service provision in those states.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships between CRS’ GF partner facilities, CRS, the Catholic Church and its partners, the GoN and other relevant stakeholders.
- Representation at technical working groups for ART, TB, HCT, PMTCT and SRH, as well as, at other meetings and related activities as designated.
CRS/Nigeria Program Responsibilities
The Clinical Coordinator will also participate as a full member of the CRS/Nigeria Program Department. This will include active involvement in all program department activities as needed.
- M.B.B.S., with a Master’s Degree in Public Health and/or a post-graduate qualification in HIV Medicine or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years post-NYSC clinical experience working in HIV/AIDS management with significant program management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project in a HIV/AIDS service delivery setting, including working with government authorities.
- Proven experience working with partner organizations in both the public and private sectors.
- Working knowledge of and experience with GF or projects will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good data driven decision-making skills.
- Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
- Excellent English language- oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent Managerial skills, including team and stakeholder management.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to supported states.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Senior Program Manager, M &E Manager, Technical Specialists, Adherence officers, Supply Chain and Laboratory Managers, Program staff, Finance staff, Program Support Officer
External: FHI, NACA, NASCP, Chemonics, other GF SRs.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://bit.ly/2Ip8oVf and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number GFHIVCC180418. E.g Clinical Coordinator, Global Fund-HIV Project GFHIVCC180418
Completed applications should reach us before COB, Wednesday May 2, 2018. Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’