Civil Technician at Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited
Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited (IPMC) an international professional consultants specializes in the oil & gas industries, infrastructure & building and other services seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Civil Technician
- We are looking for an innovative Civil engineer to develop and construct a high-rise building apartment / Office type range of projects of the physically and naturally built environment from conception through to completion.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and geologic data to plan projects.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Maintaining quality of civil works, construction works, Maintain billing work, Contractor Billing, site billing etc.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Contractor Management and Day to Day Construction Supervision and monitoring of quality control;
- Checking of materials for quality and quantity and ensure they meet specifications;
- Applicant should have knowledge of RCC work like foundations, column, roof slabs and brick works
- Review of plans and specifications for the proper construction and quality implementation at job site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Daily report and reporting to higher Managers / Superior
- Degree/HND in Civil Engineering or Engineering
- Membership of professional bodies such as COREN, NSE would be added advantage
- Proven work experience in Multi Storey / High Rise Building construction site.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulation laws and quality standards
- Minimum 4 years’ post NYSC experience in Industrial, Residential / Multistoried Building construction work in Steel Structure i.e. Pre-engineered / pre fabricated buildings on turnkey basis with experience in Civil works
- Experience in reinforced concrete construction is a must.
- Experience in piling
- Proficiency in primavera, Orion, MS-Project
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good decision making skill
- Safety and training
- Good team player
- Leadership skills
- Project controls
- Project management skills
- Quality assurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a soft copy of their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject.
Application Deadline 21st December, 2017.