Child Friendly Spaces Review and Assessment at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Child Friendly Spaces Review and Assessment
Duration: This assignment is expected to take place 14 working days
- Save the Children is a child rights organization where all its staff and consultants, associates, and vendors sign off Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy that aims to reduce the possibility of incidence of child abuse and exploitation.
- The consultant will sign and abide by Save the Children’s child safeguarding policy along with the agreement.
- In the current NE Nigeria Humanitarian Response Save the Children has established 20 Child Friendly Spaces and plans to expand to X more.
- Child Friendly Spaces (CFSs) provide children with protected environments in which they participate in organized activities to play, socialize, learn, and express themselves as they rebuild their lives. CFSs are designed to protect children from physical harm and psychosocial distress and to help them continue learning and developing both during and immediately after an emergency.
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery and sustainability issues
- Critical and creative thinker, capable of analyzing complex information and producing creative solutions
- Extensive experience with child protection in emergency responses
- Experience in advocacy and development of new programming ideas
- Knowledge of Child Friendly Spaces.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply